Note: This page is marked for deletion.
The goal of this site is to collect and organize soaring knowledge via a mass collaboraton of soaring pilots. There are many possibilities of what we could put here, check and add to the Suggested Site Improvements page. This website will evolve as we go, both in what we put it in and how we organize it. It is very easy and fast to create, edit, rearrange, and delete; so just get started and we can all modify as we see fit. The Editing Notes on the Navigation Menu will provide some help.
For Competition Soaring, there are several critical areas that need to be fleshed out for the site. These probably include:
- Methods for self-assessments of strengths and weaknesses
- Develop a Knowledge-base [Soaring Techniques] / Theory / [Strategies And Tactics]
- Methods for developing [Improvement Plans] / Coaching / [Training Techniques]
- Physical and Psychological Conditioning
- Weather Knowledge / [Weather Data Sources] / [Forecasting]
- A list of Insights and Truths summarized to a set of Maxims
- A Bibliography of Books, Articles, Websites
- A [Volunteer List] of who is going to tackle what next
- [Site Norms] containing style guides, editing notes, and other helpful info
Learn what to do while on the ground; then, Practice it in the air.
The outline for item 2 above might come from the Brigliadori's Competing in Gliders, Winning with Your Mind might be a good start. As we create any page, we need to reference the source. It might be a page from a book, an article, a quote from someone like DB, DJ, XX or the like, or it may be our own observation--at any rate, let's be diligent about providing sources with links when possible.
Please provide comments to this page either in the comment section at the bottom of page or by simply editing the page. The site maintains versions of pages that we can go to if we need to call up something we have changed. Deleted pages are simply marked as such and can be unmarked for deletion up until the time that the administrators (WE or NN) do some site cleanup.
Part of this Wiki site is somewhat personal as it captures our specific plans, processes, documents, data, analysis, etc. for meeting our personal goals. We share these to hopefully provide others with a start for setting their own goals and putting training plans together to meet them. For an example, check out our Training Journals. You are invited to do the same, if you wish, and share your flying experience with others too.
With a collaborative effort, we can work together and learn to fly even faster!
- WE and NN
Back to Home